SGV CAMFT is excited to announce our free Member-To-Member email blast service.
What is an E-Tree?
It can also be referred to as a Listserv, email forum, mailing list or e–list. It is a great way for members of the SGV CAMFT community to interact with each other via email. It also provides an easy way for members to join or opt out.
When you submit an email message to E-Tree, it is reviewed and then sent out to all participants. You will also be receiving email messages from other participants. It's easy to use. Once you sign up you don't need to log into anything to participate; everything is done via email.
SGV CAMFT will never:
Sell or lend our member's contact information for advertising or social media purposes.
To submit a message to the service, you email it to the E-Tree Coordinator at SGVCAMFT@listbox.com who will check to see that it meets our stated guidelines (see below). It will then be sent out to all participants. This screening process will keep E-Tree messages relevant and on topic for its members. Note: You need to sign up for this service for your message to be received.
Please Note: When messages are sent to you, your email address is hidden from other participants. When you send out a message in E-Tree, members will receive it as if it were coming directly from you and your email address will be visible. When you reply to an E-Tree message, the reply will only go to the sender of the message (they will see your email). Keep in mind that this service is only being used by SGV CAMFT members, so only those that are part of this community will be participating.
You can opt out of this service anytime
by clicking the "Unsubscribe Now" link at the bottom of the email.
- The purpose of this service is to facilitate collegial interaction and clinical information within the SGV community.
- This service will accept messages for office space available or needed, groups or workshops, jobs, internships offered or needed, referrals, special services (a particular specialty or language spoken).
- Professional dialogue, professional and clinical issues, case consultation, sharing of techniques, announcements of educational presentations and ethical concerns are all welcome.
- Resource requests for your patients. Please note: Having the word “referral” in an E-Tree request may create a responsibility or liability on the part of SGV-CAMFT. Therefore, we request that you utilize a title such as “Seeking Group for Women in Transition, Arcadia” or “Seeking Therapist for ADHD Dx, Pasadena 14 Year Old.” Please limit descriptive elements to those necessary to appropriately place the client, but that would not inadvertently violate confidentiality.
- Please include descriptive information in the subject so that those disinterested may delete without reading, such as "Looking for office in Pasadena."
- Whenever possible, please include your message in the body of the e-mail rather than as an attachment.
- You must be a SGV CAMFT member to place a message. We will not accept messages being placed by someone who is not a member or on behalf of a non-member. (Except a member’s agency or place of employment offering workshops or employment/internship opportunities). If someone outside of SGV CAMFT wants to place a message, please encourage them to become a member.
- We will now accept messages for general self-promotions. (Trial period starting October 2014).
- A message for a given topic can only be submitted once per month.
- SGV CAMFT reserves the right to edit, screen and deny ads that do not meet these guidelines.