Analysis & Therapeutic Interventions"
Holli Kenley, M.A., MFT
Author – Speaker – Workshop Presenter
Friday, November 30, 2018
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Women’s City Club of Pasadena
1.5 Hours CEU
Registration Fee Includes Luncheon Buffet
Over a period of two-years, Holli Kenley conducted an independent qualitative study: “Daughters Betrayed By Their Mothers: Moving From Brokenness To Wholeness” [The Daughters’ Project]. The purpose of “The Daughters’ Project” was to explore, discover, and examine experiential recovery themes within the narratives of a given population of females. Three questions were utilized to guide the study:
Maternal Betrayal: Analysis & Therapeutic Interventions will present key findings from “The Daughters’ Project” and provide therapists with therapeutic strategies for assessment and intervention from maternal betrayal.
- What are the life experiences and life messages of daughters betrayed by their mothers?
- How can daughters betrayed by their mothers move from brokenness to wholeness?
- How can presenting the voices of daughters through personal narratives create new meanings for the interviewer and readers [therapists] regarding the healing of daughters betrayed by their mothers?
Workshop Learning Objectives
- Participants will be able to describe and discuss key terminology as it relates to “The Daughters’ Project.”
- Given a life-messages (life-mapping) approach to assessment and intervention, participants will be able to describe its relevance and application in healing from maternal betrayal.
- Given a framework for understanding the anatomy of betrayal injury, participants will be able to identify and articulate the degree of impact from maternal betrayal on daughters’ life messages and ensuing life experiences.
- Given key findings from “The Daughters Project,” participants will be able to describe and discuss at least three recovery themes.
About Holli Kenley
Holli Kenley is a California Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and a California State Licensed Teacher. She holds a Master’s Degree in Psychology with an emphasis in Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling. She has worked in a variety of settings: a women’s shelter, a counseling center, and in private practice. Counseling with teens, adults, and couples, Holli’s areas of specialized training and experience include sexual trauma, abuse, addiction, codependency, domestic violence, betrayal and cyber bullying. After recently relocating to Southern California, Holli has reopened her private practice in Rancho Mirage.
Holli Kenley is the author of eight recovery books including:
Holli Kenley, M.A., MFT, also works in the field of psychology as an author, speaker, and workshop presenter. Through her gentle but powerful informative and restorative approach, Holli engages clinical and lay audiences, empowering them with strategies to embrace well and whole ways of being. She has been a six time peer presenter at the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists’ Annual State Conferences and a featured or keynote speaker at college level clinical programs, state and national advocacy organizations, and educational institutions speaking on the topics of bullying, cyber bullying, betrayal, relapse, screen dependency, sexual abuse recovery, and the power of self-worth. Holli has been a guest on over 100 podcasts as well as on Arizona TV speaking on issues of wellness.
- Second Edition of Breaking Through Betrayal (January 2016). Relapse is addressed as an issue of self-betrayal with a healing process for self-discovery.
- Power Down & Parent Up: Cyber Bullying, Screen Dependence & Raising Tech-Healthy Children (2017). A practical roadmap for families navigating our tech-driven culture.
- Holli’s newest publication based on a two-year qualitative study – Daughters Betrayed By Their Mothers: Moving From Brokenness To Wholeness – was released February 14, 2018.
- Holli is also a contributing author and Wellness Editor for Clear Life Magazine.
Registration is available online, only.
Payment MUST be made at the time of registration.
For Chapter information and other events, please visit:
Meeting and Presentation Schedule
11:00 – 11:30 am: Check-in and Networking
11:30 – 11:50 am: Chapter Business and Announcements
11:50 – 1:30 pm: Feature Presentation
- Luncheon buffet will be available from 11:15 am to 12:15 pm
- Breaks will be given at the discretion of the presenter
- CEU Certificates will be available and distributed upon the completion of the presentation
- Course meets the qualifications for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- San Gabriel Valley Chapter of CAMFT (Provider # 60957) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs.
- San Gabriel Valley CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.”
Thank You to Our Sponsor
Access for Disabled Persons
The Women's City Club of Pasadena is ADA compliant, and the meeting and dining hall where the presentation will be held has a ramp leading to the entrance.
SGV-CAMFT EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
Registration is not complete until full payment has been received. Full payment of the registration guarantees you a seat/place at the event. Partial or incomplete payment does not guarantee you a seat/place unless it is paid for in full within 24 hours in advance of the scheduled event.
- Forty-eight hours prior to the event: 100% refund
- Twenty-four hours prior to the event: 50% refund
- Day of event or no-show: 0% refund
*if you have a medical, personal, family emergency, or other extenuating circumstances that prevent you from attending, and you have already registered (partially or fully), you may either request a refund, or apply your payment/deposit toward the next event.
You may initiate your cancellation request, or make a refund or credit request, by sending an email to email@example.com.
You must send in your request no later than five days within the end of the event.
You will receive your credit or refund within fourteen business days following the approval of your request.
Note that circumstances beyond the control of the event organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations, or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. Therefore, SGV-CAMFT reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speaker and/or topics if necessary. Any changes will be updated on the SGV-CAMFT website, and every effort will be made to notify you via email of any changes so that you may have the option to cancel or transfer your registration fee.