San Gabriel Valley Chapter of CAMFT Presents:
Networking Luncheon and Chapter Presentation
Dismantling Implicit Bias and
Building Allies in Therapy"
Sayida Peprah, PsyD
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Founder/CEO/Trainer, Diversity Uplifts, Inc.
11:00 am-1:30 pm Friday, March 20, 2020
160 N. Oakland, Pasadena, CA 91101
(Women's City Club of Pasadena)
1.5 Hours CEUs
(Registration closes March 18, 2020 at 5 pm)
Registration Fee Includes Luncheon Buffet
Studies have identified implicit (racial/ethnic/gender/religious/lifestyle) bias among providers as a potential contributor to disparities in the outcome of marginalized and minority communities. Mitigating implicit bias among healthcare and social service providers has been identified as a strategy to improve client/patient-provider communication and service/treatment decisions, contributing to improved quality of care. This interactive and self-reflective training is intended to increase cultural humility, broaden participant’s awareness of their implicit bias (subtle, unconscious assumptions about others) and equip them with tools to engage with clients in more open, respectful and empathetic ways.
This interactive and self-reflective training this workshop aims to empower attendees to:
1. Define implicit/unconscious bias
2. Identify the impact of implicit/unconscious bias in the client/patient-provider relationship
3. Identify and use strategies for dismantling and/or reducing implicit/unconscious bias.
• Earn 1.5 CEUs •
About Dr. Sayida Peprah
Dr. Sayida Peprah is both a Licensed Clinical Psychologist and trained Birth Doula. She specializes in multicultural psychology, trauma, suicide prevention and maternal mental health. Dr. Sayida has a multi-faced career as a Clinical Psychologist and educator having worked in community-based, in-home, psychiatric hospital, correctional and academic settings. She is also a trainer and consultant on topics of cultural humility, implicit bias and trauma as they impact mental and maternal health. Dr. Sayida is the founder and Director of Training for the non-profit organization Diversity Uplifts, Inc.
Registration is available online, only.
Payment MUST be made at the time of registration.
For Chapter information and other events, please visit:
Meeting and Presentation Schedule
11:00 Check-in and Networking and Luncheon Buffet
11:30 Chapter Meeting Begins
1:30 Presentation Ends and Meeting Adjourns
- Please arrive no later than 11 am so that you have an opportunity to network, help yourself to breakfast, and find a seat.
- CEU Certificates will be available and distributed upon the completion of the presentation. You must attend the full workshop to receive your certificate.
- Course meets the qualifications for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- San Gabriel Valley Chapter of CAMFT (Provider # 60957) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs.
Access for Disabled Persons
The Women's City Club of Pasadena is ADA compliant, and the meeting and dining hall where the presentation will be held has a ramp leading to the entrance.
SGV-CAMFT Event Cancellation Policy
Registration is not complete until full payment has been received. Full payment of the registration guarantees you a seat/place at the event. Partial or incomplete payment does not guarantee you a seat/place unless it is paid for in full within 24 hours in advance of the scheduled event.
- Forty-eight hours prior to the event: 100% refund
- Twenty-four hours prior to the event: 50% refund
- Day of event or no-show: 0% refund
*if you have a medical, personal, family emergency, or other extenuating circumstances that prevent you from attending, and you have already registered (partially or fully), you may either request a refund, or apply your payment/deposit toward the next event.
You may initiate your cancellation request, or make a refund or credit request, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must send in your request no later than five days within the end of the event.
You will receive your credit or refund within fourteen business days following the approval of your request.
Note that circumstances beyond the control of the event organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations, or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. Therefore, SGV-CAMFT reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speaker and/or topics if necessary. Any changes will be updated on the SGV-CAMFT website, and every effort will be made to notify you via email of any changes so that you may have the option to cancel or transfer your registration fee.