Special Chapter Online Event
Clinical Insight from the
Alternative Education Community
Natasha Morisawa, MA, LMFT
10:00 am - 11:30 am, Saturday, July 25, 2020
Online Via Zoom
(Registration Closes July 23)
Uncertainty about what the landscape of education will look like during this pandemic is high. Schools and families are managing many unknowns and therapists are holding space for all of this. Join us for a presentation that addresses the different ways we may view education and support families and children through this journey. Taking some models of education that exist outside of "brick and mortar" education, we may empower families and help reduce their anxieties.
At the end of the webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Learn the legal ways in which to meet compulsory education requirements in California.
- Define "deschooling" and apply it to clinical practice.
- Receive resources regarding alternatives to traditional education
- Learn ways to integrate alternative approaches to education into family systems.
• Earn 1.5 CEUs •
Natasha Morisawa, MA, LMFT, is a private practice therapist in Monrovia and Pasadena, California. She specializes in trauma recovery, including educational trauma and helping families where traditional education is not a good fit for the individual. She has been involved with the homeschool- and alternative-education community for 17 years and is a member of California Homeschool Network and Homeschool California. Natasha is one of the founding members of the National Association of Home and Hybrid Education. She is currently serving as the Executive Director of The Place Within in Monrovia, CA and SGV-CAMFT Board President.
Natasha can be contacted at Mindfulmft.com or ThePlaceWithin.org.
- CEU certificates will be available and distributed upon the completion of the presentation via email after you have completed the online event survey.
- This course meets the qualifications for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- San Gabriel Valley Chapter of CAMFT (Provider # 60957) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs.
- San Gabriel Valley CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
SGV-CAMFT Event Cancellation Policy
There is NO fee for this event. However, for participants who would like CEUs there is a charge of $20.00 upon registration for the event. Registration is not complete until full payment has been received. Full payment of the registration guarantees you a seat/place at the event. Partial or incomplete payment does not guarantee you a seat/place unless it is paid for in full within 24 hours in advance of the scheduled event.
- Forty-eight hours prior to the event: 100% refund
- Twenty-four hours prior to the event: 50% refund
- Day of event or no-show: 0% refund
*If you have a medical, personal, family emergency, or other extenuating circumstances that prevent you from attending, and you have already registered (partially or fully), you may either request a refund, or apply your payment/deposit toward the next event.
You may initiate your cancellation request, or make a refund or credit request, by sending an email to email@example.com.
You must send in your request no later than five days within the end of the event.
You will receive your credit or refund within fourteen business days following the approval of your request.
Note that circumstances beyond the control of the event organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations, or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. Therefore, SGV-CAMFT reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speaker and/or topics if necessary. Any changes will be updated on the SGV-CAMFT website, and every effort will be made to notify you via email of any changes so that you may have the option to cancel or transfer your registration fee.