Chapter Meeting and Webinar Presentation
Mental and Emotional
Healing through Yoga:
An Introductory Exploration for Therapists
Ghada Osman, PhD, LMFT, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500
1:00 pm - 3:15 pm, Friday, September 18, 2020
Online Via Zoom
(Registration Closes September 16)
During this environment of virtually working with our clients, we need to have more creative tools in our therapeutic toolbox to access and integrate in our practices. While talk therapy is often prized as the sole method via which to heal mental/emotional suffering, experiences of psychological pain are experienced in the body.
We notice “butterflies” in the stomach area at times of nervousness or excitement, tightness in the chest at times of sadness, and tension in the shoulders at times of stress. This two-hour workshop provides mental health professionals with some simple tools from the modality of yoga that they can incorporate into their assessment and treatment.
No yoga background is required.
• Earn 2 CEUs •
Presenter BioGhada Osman, PhD, LMFT, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500, is a psychotherapist, certified yoga therapist, yoga teacher, and author of Mental and Emotional Healing through Yoga: A Guiding Framework for Therapists and their Clients (Routledge, 2018). She is a mental health counseling supervisor at MiraCosta College, and has worked in private practice, specializing in hospice care. She has been conducting trainings for psychotherapists and yoga therapists for the past decade, demonstrating how to integrate yoga practices into the mental health domain.
At the end of the webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Identify three physiological effects of yoga that can affect mental health
- Identify the three components of a yoga practice that are especially helpful for mental health
- Identify three yoga practices that benefit mental health
- Name the three key categories of yoga practice for mental health, and identify one set of circumstances under which each would be suggested.
Ghada Osman, PhD, LMFT #83472, C-IAYT
Pronouns: she, her, hers
Registration is available ONLINE ONLY and is a TWO-STEP PROCESS:
Register and pay through this e-mailer. No unpaid reservations are allowed and payment must be made at time or registration in order to reserve your spot.
Two days before the webinar you will receive a SEPARATE ZOOM LINK that you must sign in to in order for you to be in the webinar. This step will help you to assess whether you have the latest version of ZOOM and that your device is ready for signing in on the day of the webinar.
Meeting and Presentation Schedule
||Check into the Zoom Waiting Room
||Chapter meeting begins:
||SGV-CAMFT Important announcements, updates, CAMFT
||legislation and policies, upcoming program and CEU events
- CEU Certificates will be available and distributed upon the completion of the presentation via email after you have completed the online Event Survey
- Course meets the qualifications for 2.0 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- San Gabriel Valley Chapter of CAMFT (Provider # 60957) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs.
- San Gabriel Valley CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
SGV-CAMFT Event Cancellation Policy
Registration is not complete until full payment has been received. Full payment of the registration guarantees you a seat/place at the event. Partial or incomplete payment does not guarantee you a seat/place unless it is paid for in full within 24 hours in advance of the scheduled event.
- Forty-eight hours prior to the event: 100% refund
- Twenty-four hours prior to the event: 50% refund
- Day of event or no-show: 0% refund
*If you have a medical, personal, family emergency, or other extenuating circumstances that prevent you from attending, and you have already registered (partially or fully), you may either request a refund, or apply your payment/deposit toward the next event.
You may initiate your cancellation request, or make a refund or credit request, by sending an email to email@example.com.
You must send in your request no later than five days within the end of the event.
You will receive your credit or refund within fourteen business days following the approval of your request.
Note that circumstances beyond the control of the event organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations, or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. Therefore, SGV-CAMFT reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speaker and/or topics if necessary. Any changes will be updated on the SGV-CAMFT website, and every effort will be made to notify you via email of any changes so that you may have the option to cancel or transfer your registration fee.