Chapter Meeting and Webinar Presentation
Kathryn Bikle, MA, LMFT, SEP,
Certified Labyrinth Facilitator
Friday, December 11, 2020
1:00 pm - 3:15 pm
Online Via Zoom
(Registration Closes December 9)
This has been a year of chaos, calamity, and conflict. We are all eager to move past the challenges of 2020 to focus on healing, restoration, and the bringing in of new energy and hopes for the New Year. The Winter Solstice is the perfect time to reflect, release, and to set new intentions. Learn how you and your clients can virtually "walk" the Labyrinth, in an age-old meditative practice with its restorative rhythms and aesthetic proportions of nature. Whether your goals be personal or to teach to your clients, learn how moving your body, finger, or even just your eyes along the Labyrinth’s circuitous path serves to instill calm, create balance in the nervous system, release ineffectual habits and attitudes, receive wisdom from within, and open to creativity and new growth.
This two-hour workshop for mental health professionals is offered at the beginning level. You will learn simple embodiment techniques for tapping into the wisdom of the body in the office or virtual setting and how to access the ancient walking meditation practice of the Labyrinth to elicit an experience of calm, inner peace, and deep connection to self.
• Earn 2 CEUs •
Kathryn Bikle is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Practitioner in Pasadena and the greater Los Angeles area. She provides psychotherapy and SE® Trauma work for individuals, couples, children and families. She also works with groups and provides workshops for adults and teens.
Kathryn believes in supporting her clients’ psychological growth and healing of emotional wounds and trauma. In this way, she helps to empower them in making healthier and more productive choices for themselves and support who they are as individuals. Her approach includes depth psychology techniques such as dream work, journaling, art therapy, and sand tray. She also uses mindfulness practices, such as embodied awareness, authentic voice and movement as well as Somatic Experiencing® Trauma techniques in helping clients to understand and work through stuck areas in their emotional, psychological, and physical lives.
At the end of the webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Identify how the spiral vortex image of a labyrinth differs from a maze
- Learn how the archetypal shape of the labyrinth supports the balancing of brain function and nervous system regulation
- Learn three techniques for tapping into the unconscious to support conscious personal goal setting
- Learn three primary structural phases inherent in the ritual of walking the labyrinth which support the process of fulfilling personal goals.
Registration is available ONLINE ONLY and is a TWO-STEP PROCESS:
Register and pay through this e-mailer. No unpaid reservations are allowed and payment must be made at time or registration in order to reserve your spot.
The day before the webinar you will receive a SEPARATE ZOOM LINK that you must sign in to, in order for you participate in the webinar. This step will help you to assess whether you have the latest version of ZOOM and that your device is ready for signing in on the day of the webinar.
(Additionally, you will receive the same Zoom information in your registration confirmation email.)
Meeting and Presentation Schedule
||Check into the Zoom Waiting Room
||Chapter meeting begins:
||SGV-CAMFT Important announcements, updates, CAMFT
||legislation and policies, upcoming program and CEU events
- CEU Certificates will be available and distributed upon the completion of the presentation via email after you have completed the online Event Survey
- Course meets the qualifications for 2.0 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- San Gabriel Valley Chapter of CAMFT (Provider # 60957) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs.
- San Gabriel Valley CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
SGV-CAMFT Event Cancellation Policy
Registration is not complete until full payment has been received. Full payment of the registration guarantees you a seat/place at the event. Partial or incomplete payment does not guarantee you a seat/place unless it is paid for in full within 24 hours in advance of the scheduled event.
- Forty-eight hours prior to the event: 100% refund
- Twenty-four hours prior to the event: 50% refund
- Day of event or no-show: 0% refund
*If you have a medical, personal, family emergency, or other extenuating circumstances that prevent you from attending, and you have already registered (partially or fully), you may either request a refund, or apply your payment/deposit toward the next event.
You may initiate your cancellation request, or make a refund or credit request, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must send in your request no later than five days within the end of the event.
You will receive your credit or refund within fourteen business days following the approval of your request.
Note that circumstances beyond the control of the event organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations, or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. Therefore, SGV-CAMFT reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speaker and/or topics if necessary. Any changes will be updated on the SGV-CAMFT website, and every effort will be made to notify you via email of any changes so that you may have the option to cancel or transfer your registration fee.