San Gabriel Valley CAMFT
CAMFT State of the Profession
Nabil El-Ghoroury, PhD, CAE
Friday, September 24, 2021
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Online Via Zoom
Join CAMFT Executive director, Nabil El-Ghoroury, PhD, CAE, for an understanding about events, legislation, and internal association processes that are currently impacting CAMFT members. This 90-minute presentation will discuss issues and the importance of a Professional Will. It will include updates from BBS and both the California and Federal legislatures as well as discussion on why it is important to avail yourself of the Legal Consultation service provided by CAMFT.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recall at least 3 recent/pending legislations and how marriage and family therapists may be impacted by the bills
- Identify 1 resource for legal consultation for therapists
- Identify important components of a Professional Will.
About the Speaker
Nabil Hassan El-Ghoroury, PhD, CAE, is the Executive Director of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT). In this role, he represents over 32,000 marriage and family therapists and trainees in the state of California.
Prior to going to CAMFT, Nabil served as Associate Executive Director at the American Psychological Association (APA), where he directed the American Psychological Association of Graduate Students (APAGS), the graduate student group within APA. In this role, he functioned as the CEO of a medium-sized association (approximately 28,000 members), providing leadership, management, coordination and evaluation of all projects and activities for the organization.
$20 – Licensed SGV-CAMFT Members/Licensed Members of other CAMFT Chapters
$5 – Prelicensed SGV-CAMFT Members
$10 – Prelicensed Non-Members
$25 – Non-Members
1.5 CEs Available.
Deadline to Register: Wednesday, September 22, 8 pm.
For event/registration information, contact Kathryn Bikle at Kathrynbiklemft@gmail.com or 626.755.6437.
Registration is available online, only.
This event will be presented via Zoom.
Zoom Information and Options:
Login: Upon registration, a link will be sent that can be used to login on the day of this event. You will be asked to pre-register (answer a few questions) before you gain access to the session
Pre-Registration: If you prefer to save time on the day of this event, you can pre-register by answering the questions in advance. Zoom will send you a calendar reminder, and then when you click on the link the day of this event, you will gain immediate access to the session.
For Chapter information and other events, please visit:
- CEU Certificates will be available and distributed upon the completion of the presentation. You must attend the full workshop to receive your certificate.
- Course meets the qualifications for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- San Gabriel Valley Chapter of CAMFT (Provider # 60957) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs.
- San Gabriel Valley CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
SGV-CAMFT Event Cancellation Policy
Registration is not complete until full payment has been received. Full payment of the registration guarantees you a seat/place at the event. Partial or incomplete payment does not guarantee you a seat/place unless it is paid for in full within 24 hours in advance of the scheduled event.
- Forty-eight hours prior to the event: 100% refund
- Twenty-four hours prior to the event: 50% refund
- Day of event or no-show: 0% refund
*if you have a medical, personal, family emergency, or other extenuating circumstances that prevent you from attending, and you have already registered (partially or fully), you may either request a refund, or apply your payment/deposit toward the next event.
You may initiate your cancellation request, or make a refund or credit request, by sending an email to email@example.com.
You must send in your request no later than five days within the end of the event.
You will receive your credit or refund within fourteen business days following the approval of your request.
Note that circumstances beyond the control of the event organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations, or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. Therefore, SGV-CAMFT reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speaker and/or topics if necessary. Any changes will be updated on the SGV-CAMFT website, and every effort will be made to notify you via email of any changes so that you may have the option to cancel or transfer your registration fee.