SGV-CAMFT 3000 Club
Friday, May 13, 2021
12:00 pm-2:00 pm
Online Via Zoom
(Registration Closes May 12, 2022)
Navigating the Road to Licensure
Luke Matthew Martin, Esq.
CAMFT Staff Attorney
This presentation is intended to provide an overview of the licensing process for pre-licensees as they work toward licensure in marriage and family therapy. Topics to be discussed include the marriage and family therapy licensing process; supervised experience requirements for applicants; supervisor qualifications and supervision requirements; licensing examinations; and common employment issues pre-licensees encounter with their supervisors.
Participants will gain a greater understanding of the many challenges facing pre-licensees working toward licensure. Participants will be able to:
- Record the number of hours and the number of weeks of supervised experience required
- Identify the “options” for counting hours currently available to pre-licensees
- Apply how the 90-day rules impacts their ability to count hours
- Differentiate how to advertise themselves in the various stages of licensing
- Organize their hours by documenting on the correct BBS related forms
- Review their incremental progress toward licensure and decide on their best strategies to take to complete their 3000 hours.
• Earn 2 CEUs •
Luke Matthew Martin, Esq., a member of the State Bar of California since 2011, joined CAMFT as a Staff Attorney in 2019. He holds a Master of Business Administration with honors and a Juris Doctorate Degree specializing in Child, Family and Elder Law with honors. Prior to coming to CAMFT, Luke ran a private practice focusing on civil litigation and represented several businesses with annual revenues in the millions. He has been recognized by the State Bar of California with the Wiley E. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services for his legal assistance in helping victims of domestic violence. In addition to his work at CAMFT, Luke is an adjunct professor for several universities lecturing on political science and business law and sits on University of Arizona’s Faculty Senate.
For more information, contact Lynne Azpeitia, Programs Committee Facilitator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-Licensed Therapists, Associates, Students, Licensed Therapists & Related Professionals
Friday, May 13, 2021
12:00 pm-2:00 pm
Online via Zoom
Once you have registered, we will email you a link to Zoom.
$20 SGV-CAMFT Licensed Members
$20 Other CAMFT Chapter Members
$5 Pre-Licensed Members
$25 Licensed Non-Members
$10 Pre-Licensed Non-Members
Online Registration CLOSES Thursday, May 12th at 12 noon.
Register Online today to secure your spot.
Registration is available ONLINE ONLY and is a TWO-STEP PROCESS:
Register and pay through this e-mailer. No unpaid reservations are allowed and payment must be made at time or registration in order to reserve your spot.
The day before the webinar you will receive a SEPARATE ZOOM LINK that you must sign in to, in order for you participate in the webinar. This step will help you to assess whether you have the latest version of ZOOM and that your device is ready for signing in on the day of the webinar.
(Additionally, you will receive the same Zoom information in your registration confirmation email.)
San Gabriel Valley Chapter CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs.
- CEU Certificates will be available and distributed online upon the completion of the presentation after you have completed the online Event Survey.
- You must attend the entire presentation and complete a post test and an evaluation to receive your CE credit certificate. At the conclusion of this educational event, after confirming attendance, an email with a link to the test and evaluation form will be sent to all attendees who attended the online event. Once you complete and submit your evaluation, you will have immediate access and be able to print or save your CE Certificate.
- This course meets the qualifications for 2.0 hours of continuing education (CE) credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- San Gabriel Valley Chapter of CAMFT (Provider # 60957) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. San Gabriel Valley CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
SGV-CAMFT Event Cancellation Policy
Registration is not complete until full payment has been received. Full payment of the registration guarantees you a seat/place at the event.
Partial or incomplete payment does not guarantee you a seat/place unless it is paid for in full within 24 hours in advance of the scheduled event.
- Forty-eight hours prior to the event: 100% refund
- Twenty-four hours prior to the event: 50% refund
- Day of event or no-show: 0% refund
*If you have a medical, personal, family emergency, or other extenuating circumstances that prevent you from attending, and you have already registered (partially or fully), you may either request a refund, or apply your payment/deposit toward the next event.
You may initiate your cancellation request, or make a refund or credit request, by sending an email to email@example.com.
You must send in your request no later than five days within the end of the event.
You will receive your credit or refund within fourteen business days following the approval of your request.
Note that circumstances beyond the control of the event organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations, or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. Therefore, SGV-CAMFT reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speaker and/or topics if necessary. Any changes will be updated on the SGV-CAMFT website, and every effort will be made to notify you via email of any changes so that you may have the option to cancel or transfer your registration fee.