San Gabriel Valley Chapter of CAMFT
September 23, 2022 Online CE Presentation
(Q&A to Follow Presentation)
Casey Weitzman, LMFT and Grace O’Connor, LMFT
Friday, September 23, 2022
11:30 am-1:30 pm
Online Via Zoom
1.5 Hours CEUs
Registration closes September 22, 2022 at 8 pm. No Exceptions.
One in six adults in Generation Z identifies as LGBTQIAA+. Discover effective ways to provide support, guidance, and information to the Transgender and Non-binary youth community, their families, and allies. Learn what you need to know to be an effective clinician working with the Transgender and Non-binary youth community even if you have never worked with this population before. Gain knowledge of how the current political environment is impacting the mental health of the Trans and Non-binary population. Gain an understanding of the unique challenges faced by Transgender and Non-binary youth as the societal understanding of the gender spectrum expands.
Learn what you need to know to be an effective clinician working with the Transgender and Non-binary youth community, their families, and allies even if you have never worked with this population.
At the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the types of marginalization and oppression Trans and Non-binary youth and adult clients experience and help them develop tools for combatting it.
- Define, describe, and establish a therapeutic holding environment where Trans and Non-binary youth feel seen, heard and affirmed.
- Identify and utilize best practices for working with the Transgender and Non-binary youth population, thereby increasing therapist competency and confidence in the room.
- Identify, describe, and put into practice how to be a fierce advocate for Trans and Non-binary youth both in their practice and the larger community..
• Earn 1.5 CEUs •
About Casey Weitzman, LMFT
Casey Weitzman, LMFT is the President and Founder of Gender Wellness of Los Angeles. With over 30 years of experience working with gender and sexual orientation variant youth, adults, and their families, she’s in private practice in West LA, Sherman Oaks, and online. Casey is an active member of WPATH (World Professional Association of Transgender Health), CAMFT, AAMFT (American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists) and the National Anger Management Association. Website: GenWell.org.
About Grace O’Connor, LMFT
Grace O’Connor, LMFT specializes in working with the Transgender and Non-binary communities. Grace is a licensed marriage and family therapist and an associate of Gender Wellness of Los Angeles. She leads LGBTQIAA+ groups at Westwind Recovery and is an active member of WPATH (World Professional Association of Transgender Health), and CAMFT. Website: GenWell.org.
For more information, contact Lynne Azpeitia at LynneMAzpeitia@yahoo.com or Kathryn Bikle at Kathrynbiklemft@gmail.com.
Registration is available ONLINE ONLY and is a TWO-STEP PROCESS:
Register and pay through this e-mailer. No unpaid reservations are allowed and payment must be made at time or registration in order to reserve your spot.
The day before the webinar you will receive a SEPARATE ZOOM LINK that you must sign in to, in order for you participate in the webinar. This step will help you to assess whether you have the latest version of ZOOM and that your device is ready for signing in on the day of the webinar.
(Additionally, you will receive the same Zoom information in your registration confirmation email.)
Meeting and Presentation Schedule
11:15 am Check into the Zoom Waiting Room
11:30 am Chapter meeting begins (SGV-CAMFT Welcome, Housekeeping, Board Members Introductions, and Presenter Introduction)
11:45 am Presentation and Q & A
1:15 pm Presentation ends
1:15 pm SGV-CAMFT Announcements, Updates, Future Programs
1:30 pm Meeting adjourns
- CEU Certificates will be available and distributed upon the completion of the presentation. You must attend the full workshop to receive your certificate.
- Course meets the qualifications for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- San Gabriel Valley Chapter of CAMFT (Provider # 60957) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs.
SGV-CAMFT Event Cancellation Policy
Registration is not complete until full payment has been received. Full payment of the registration guarantees you a seat/place at the event. Partial or incomplete payment does not guarantee you a seat/place unless it is paid for in full within 24 hours in advance of the scheduled event.
- Forty-eight hours prior to the event: 100% refund
- Twenty-four hours prior to the event: 50% refund
- Day of event or no-show: 0% refund
*if you have a medical, personal, family emergency, or other extenuating circumstances that prevent you from attending, and you have already registered (partially or fully), you may either request a refund, or apply your payment/deposit toward the next event.
You may initiate your cancellation request, or make a refund or credit request, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must send in your request no later than five days within the end of the event.
You will receive your credit or refund within fourteen business days following the approval of your request.
Note that circumstances beyond the control of the event organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations, or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. Therefore, SGV-CAMFT reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speaker and/or topics if necessary. Any changes will be updated on the SGV-CAMFT website, and every effort will be made to notify you via email of any changes so that you may have the option to cancel or transfer your registration fee.